Friday, October 25, 2019

Back in Northport, I learned my favorite Barber passed away


10/25/19 17:49 East Northport

I have not taken a shower today.  My skin is feeling clammy, but it’s alright.  I will jump into a hot shower and head over to Patchogue to see Chick Corea and company.  The seats I assumed would be empty – one on either side have been sold to strangers.  It’s alright.  Looking forward to seeing this show since it’s the first concert in a few weeks, and the first on Long Island in months, maybe a year?  Who cares? 

Meli and I had a tiff last night.  By this morning, we were back.  She fell asleep without calling.  My imagination was creating a scene that is best left unsaid in this blog.  I feel like a commercial, “For the rated R version, go to my other blog…but this is it ladies and gentlemen.”  Like I said, this morning we were back.  She explained she laid down last night, pulled the covers over her since it was cold and rainy in Mexico City and was quickly off to dreamland.

Saw Lou today.  We had lunch.  I have sad news to share since my worse fear came to life.  My favorite barber, Jack passed away.  After lunch we walked over to see if he was there – to make an appointment.  The store was black.  There were signs on the window and letters from customers, expressing their condolences to his family.  Dried flowers were still in a vase. There were candles long seduced by the elements - extinguished.  We read the notes and the posts.  This was a man spent his life working and loving his family.  They were his life, and I know they will be successful since Jack was very proud of all of them.  They were all successful.  I will miss him and yet I was not surprised.  He was sick for a while and yet it was sudden.  The last couple of times, I needed a haircut I’d call Jack.  The answering machine would not pick up.  I knew he had passed.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...