Monday, October 5, 2020

Twenty years ago, Kid A and Twenty Five Years Ago (today) Automatic for The People were released

 10/5/20 22:46

Twenty years ago, Kid A was released by Radiohead.  This was the new album for me and the new band since they released OK Computer which is one of my all-time favorites.  Sent a text to Jason since he is a Radiohead.  And he called me.  This led to you must listen to The Bends and Darkstar and I have a homework assignment.  Insane how we can be so passionate about our music, even decades later they stir up the dust and haunted visions.  We can share music like books and yet the songs speak to our souls in different ways.  Jason brought up Automatic For The People by REM and this led to stories about their song Drive…the album.  I looked up the listings.  The album was released on this date back in 1995.  25 years later we are talking about where we lived and what were doing.  Jason was in Arizona and listened to the album over and over and I was back in Northport, renting a duplex, married with two daughters who are now women…and would listen to that album and felt the defiance in Ignore land. My how the world has changed. 

It’s late night in Bethlehem and the house is quiet expect for Kid A playing in my headphones, Morning Bell…

Thank you for reading this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...