Saturday, September 23, 2023

My wife is here and we have two cats and lots of books and plants in our home

 Saturday September 23, 2023

It has been almost a year since I posted on the blog.  It’s a good time to provide an update on things.  Today’s rain has something to do with it and with a new computer comes the opportunities to post a few things.  So here it goes.  At the end of last October, I flew down to Costa Rica to bring Meli and her cat, Blue back to the US.  After waiting for years, it happened, and it seems like more than a year ago when we pulled into the driveway together for the first time.  Meli and I have settled into the house with two cats and an assortment of books.  Since she came, the house has been re-sided with what looks like cedar shakes, a new roof, re-insulated.  Soon we will have two new storm doors and new basement windows before the winter hits. There are new plants and trees in the yard and the look inside our home feels warm and welcoming but call me first if you’re interested in visiting.  Since February, Meli has been working as a technician at the pharmacy department in Allentown Hospital.  She likes her job although I think she can earn more money since she is busy speaking to a majority of patients who only speak Spanish.  She is driving back and forth to work with me in the passenger seat, and she is working on getting her permit and license here.  Before you send in the cops, she has her driver’s license from Costa Rica so she can legally drive.  The kids are all doing well and I will share more details in further blogs.  My job has been very busy and I’m happy with the progress I am making on some prospects.  The job allows me time to write on the side.  Back in July, I submitted the second installment in the Bombastic Adventures in the Arizona Desert.  I am currently working on the third and final book.  The audio book for the first installment, Black Market Bones will be released soon.  So, look for more posts on my flyfishing, working out, biking, running, reading and other assorted comments about this life.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...