Sunday, September 11, 2022

9/11 and Covd

 9/11/2022 14:46 Covid

Last Tuesday, I woke up feeling miserable.  My brain was throbbing, coughing, fatigue and aches and the rest of the symptoms that would make anyone guess, they got it.  I heard the expression a couple of weeks after people were getting hit with Omnicom, it’s not a matter of IF you get it, it’s a matter of WHEN.  I thought I beat it.  I take care of myself.  I eat well and run and workout.  I play baseball.  But it caught me.  I made an appointment at the local Rite Aid and took a test.  The results came back Thursday morning as positive. I took a rapid test which looked inconclusive.  Wednesday and Thursday I was feeling better and thought, I beat this.  Friday, I woke up feeling sicker.  Yesterday, I woke up feeling horrible, as if I had a hold cold, but without the mucus and in the shower, I noticed my sense of smell was gone.  We played our first in a series of three in the playoffs and lost.  We were down a few players, but next weekend we will play a double-header and that will be it for the season unless we win those games.  I feel better today.  Still no smell.  I heard this thing kicks ass for two weeks.  So, I am resting and reading, Stories from the Tenants Downstairs by Sidik Fofana which came from Strand as part of a fiction Book of the month club.  I am enjoying it, the characters are in a series of train wrecks which constantly pop up.  

Received a text from my publisher and they are scheduling interviews and promo pieces.  I need to jump on marketing my book now that it’s out for a year.  It’s time.  Worked on Part II of Bones. 

It has been raining all day.  A stark difference to that day twenty-one years ago.  May those souls rest.

Thank you for reading this  

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...