Monday, September 5, 2022

Installing Ring and Immigration frustration, Part 2

September 5, 2022

19:53

 

It’s Labor Day.  I was drilling holes in our home trying to find a way I get the Ring wires up from the basement where’s there’s plug set up high and the mystery is getting the damn wires up and through the wall to where the doorbell will be.  Let me explain. This house is solid.  Concrete. It’s not blowing over.  I may need to hire an electrician.  If you live in an older home and thinking of Ring, try the wireless.  In my opinion, it will be less hassle and less money in the long run, but you need to charge the batteries.  I ran earlier.  More than four miles, but my right knee is acting up.  A lot of walking and I had a shitty time in the humidity.  There was minimal traffic due to the holiday.  Passed a few dog walkers who scowled when I said good morning.  The attorney called Meli from Mexico.  Here’s the scoop, one of my clients works and lives in CDMX and reached out to a friend who is an attorney. The attorney thought Meli was in Mexico and a Mexican.  She said Meli needs to submit her birth certificate with a stamp.  The good news, we found that we could request the police records on-line, avoiding the trips back to the Mexican Embassy in San Jose.  No handwritten letters.  The bad news, all of September is booked, and she scheduled an opening on October 3rd and now she needs to get a birth cert with a stamp.  Always something.  The attorney told her on Friday, we should have the police record this week, this Friday the latest.  Now that is out.  We’re back to waiting for October which will come fast.  I waited for August to breeze by since she had her interview on the 23rd.  I thought about flying down to visit her, but that would be a waste since there is a possibility, she will fly back with me next month.  I can look back on this and say, I should have hired an immigration attorney.  If I did, we may be together at this time.  The normal process is two years for a spousal visa, and yet this is not normal.  She lived in Chile and Mexico.  More paperwork. More bureaucratic bullshit.  She went to the post office and sent for her birth certificate with a stamp.  It will take two weeks from the Costa Rican government.  I need to be patient.  We need to be patient.  I’ve been patient.  We’ve been patient.

  

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...