Skip to main content

April 3rd 2010 on the Bridgeport Ferry

We’re pulling out of Bridgeport of the ferry. It’s a little chilly. The sun is out, but a good steady breeze is washing over us. Joe and Bella are up on the top deck with me. We’re coming back from a day at the Eric Carle museum, and spending an hour in Amherst, Mass. The hour was spent in the Amherst bookstore which sells used books in the basement. I found two novels – both signed by Richard Elman, Lilo’s diary and another old one. Both were inscribed to the same person back in 1969. I don’t think there are many of his books that we’re not signed. Richard was my mentor, my adopted father for a few years and I was the son and struggling writer he felt sorry for. Our relationship was more of a friendship and I miss him to this day. I’d rather not think of the last time we saw each other.
I wanted to get in an entry since I’ve completed going through the suggested edits the editor has made and was surprised by how much she missed. For that reason, Ali is going over mine as well and then I’d send them off to the editor. It still needs to pass through the copy editor.
Thinking back to Amherst, and this is a town I could vacation in. Not just for the Eric Carle museum which we visit – twice a year, but for the history and the charm of this New England town. I remember visiting Carla Eve while she was a freshman up at Hampshire the fall in ’84, and how I wanted to go home the next day since Carla broke up with me. She apologized for being so insensitive, years later.
This wind is too much. It’s too chilly for me and I may make an escape from this.
So, back to the novel, Killer Commute is still on for a June release. I’m thinking it may be a July release.
There are too many people up here. I need a quiet place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alabama Shakes brings down Carnegie Hall

March 25, 2017I apologize for the delay since I should have wrote this last weekend.  I’m trying to write a blog entry once a week.  Once a week.  That is all.  Yet, even the single entry can get tangled in other demands.  Writing is a discipline.  Either I have it or I get distracted or lost in other habits.  Anyway, here is my review of the Tibet House concert on March 16th…as always thank you for reading it.I was in Pennsylvania on business and yet I had tickets to see the show at Carnegie Hall.  When I bought the single seat – a few weeks back – I bought the most expensive - in the orchestra. I knew I had to write down the event my book since I would forget.  I had made plans with a client to visit the company and yet, even with the date marked down, I still forgot.  But, I was not going to miss this event.  The lineup was incredible, Iggy Pop, New Order, Alabama Shakes, Patty Smith, Laurie Anderson, and others and of course the esteemed composer Philip Glass.  It was a benefit co…

The American Pink Floyd Experience-Ameri-Floyd at 89 North Patchogue

07:54 2/15/15
I wanted to get in a review of The American Pink Floyd Experience (Ameri-Floyd) at 89 North a couple of weeks back.  I also wanted to write down some thoughts on the amount of Pink Floyd copy bands that play in the area.  This will be brief and I hope you can relate or share your thoughts.   If you are a Pink Floyd fan, the only feasible way to experience their music live - is through a cover band.  There are no plans for Pink Floyd to tour.  There is no reason for them to tour since there are many options to see these cover bands.  No matter where to live, you can rest your minds there is a Floyd cover band close by.  The band that played at 89 North was their first show, but they were solid and were close to perfect.  Ameri-Floyd are fused from two different Pink Floyd cover bands to form The American Pink Floyd Experience, not the be confused with the Brit or the Aussie Pink Floyd Experience and not to be further compared and contrasted with the The American Pink Floyd…

A short review of Henry Rollin's book Solipsist

This year my plan is to read most if not all of Henry Rollin's books.

I just finished Henry Rollins book Solipsist, 166 pages. I wanted to get in a few words – to share a brief review. Overall the book is solid. It is entertaining to a degree, but the sentences were boring. Almost all of the sentences began with I or me. Why not, take a look at the title, which means that the self is the only thing that can be known and verified. There were three segments I heard on some of his CD’s so they were not shocking and were different from the ego driven ejaculations on most the pages. Still, it’s a good book which drums up internal conflicts over and over again.