Sunday, March 24, 2013

What you would not want to happen if you play Jesus in church


3/24/13 22:02 Home

Thoughts of portraying Jesus in church – greeted by the congregation Hosana.  Waving and standing in the center.  Where was Ali when I needed her, home taking care of Bella who has a cough.  There I was, front and center, the costume was made for a shorter man, so my knees showed and even Reverend Diane snickered when she first saw me in the vestibule.  I knew I was in trouble.  But it was worse I had to take off my sneakers.  Thank God I clipped my toe nails last week. But the nail on the left big toe is hideous after so much abuse from the basketball games.  And there is the tattoo on my left calf and my scar when I burned my right leg and had a skin graft.  There were hoots and whistles I lifted the fabric a little higher and laughter erupted.  This is entertainment at it's worst.  But what was the most distracting for me and for those looking closely at my acting - the fabric molded a curious tent right above my crotch.  In front of everyone... the holy of holiest - appeared to be aroused.  I tried to move and make it go away, but nothing helped. I said my lines and blessed a blind man and swore someone would betray me, but I wanted to crawl away.  Then it was over - I was off - say thank you to Jesus.  Tom gave me a high five and I received some reluctant good jobs from some parishioners who saw me afterwards.   Some eyed me with disgust... 

We had a pancake breakfast at church…Emma and I ate to ourselves…afterwards I went for a walk down to the beach to get my thoughts together.  I saw some men with metal detection devices, waving them over the ground and wearing head sets.  One of them waved to me.  It was a little chilly, but I took these pictures.    


Thank you for reading this

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...