Saturday, February 27, 2016

Heading into the city on a date with my wife

2/27/16 15:30 Home

In about a half hour, Ali and I are taking the kids (who are here…Amanda is in Boston) over to her parent’s house and then heading into the city to see a play on Broadway.  Sam Shepherds play, Buried Child which stars Ed Harris as well as Amy Madigan.  I have always wanted to see a Sam Shepherd play.  The theater offers partial view seats for $25, so I pounced on them since the pair is less than one standard seat, but besides the cheap seats we are heading into the city on a clear night and having some time alone.  It will be interesting to see how the conversations begin and what topics we will cover.  School, work, politics, and I know her dreaded subject, our sex lives.  That is fine, I will go easy on her about our sex lives.  Maybe I will leave this one off the table and try to avoid it all together unless she brings it up which the truth be told; will not happen.  I woke up fairly early this morning, Bella came into our room since she could not sleep.  I took her bed - in in her room and feel I know what is causing her to wake up; the cats.  They are constantly playing in the hall, running into her room, one leaped onto my head since he wanted to see outside the window.  Why?  It’s early and the sun was barely out.  But, in my half sleep and wakeful mindset; I was able to catch the flying cat in midair and flung him back across the room. He trotted off looking more embarrassed than anything else. I got up and used the bathroom and tried to fall asleep for a little longer.  I closed the door to the room, thinking that would keep the cats out, but they nudged the door open and I was back to hearing their cries and clawing at the carpet.  I got out of the bed and made my way downstairs and was struck by the amount of plates that were in the sink and on the sides of the counter.  I unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it and cleaned the pots and was gently kissed on the lips by my beautiful wife who was grateful for the work.  It was then time for a mediation in the basement.  I don’t know what it is, but there are sittings which I know where not beneficial or conducive.  This morning was one of them.  My mind kept jumping around and I was not able to let the thoughts pass, just like the thoughts in this entry.


Thank you for reading this

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...