Saturday, March 26, 2016

Questions for Henry Rollins on writing/reading

3/26/16 14:57 Listening to The Fall, The Real New Fall LP

I apologize since it appears the font below is not easy to read.  These were questions I posed to Henry Rollins via email the other night which I’d like to share with you.

Do you search for book stores in the cities you visit; the same way as record shops?
 ======== Not really. 
Can you please tell me what writers continue to inspire you? ======= Mostly I read journalists like Robert Fisk and historians like Eric Foner.
 
Do you re-read their work the same way as you would play, Zeppelin II?  In other words, what "works for you."  ====== Rarely. 
How many books do you read in a month?
=======0 to 2. At this point, I would rather write and do other work. 
Does F Scott, This Side of Paradise still resonate or Miller's Black Spring?  If not, which books have replaced them? ========== I have not read literature for a long time. 8 years or so. Writing has replaced a lot of my reading. 
What you are currently reading?
========= The Great War for Civilization by Fisk.
Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...