Thursday, October 31, 2019

A Storm kept the Witches Brewing inside


10/31/19 22:29 Bethlehem, PA

There have not been any trick-or-treeters, I didn’t see any kids dressed in costumes around the neighborhood.  It’s raining and very windy.  No run after work.  I made my veggie dinner and read and watched a Ted Talk, spoke with Mo Cheeks who had a smile on her face, she loves Halloween.  One year, we took her to my parent’s neighborhood since our neighborhood at the time did not celebrate Halloween.  Well, they did but kids were not going up to most of the doors.  But back at my parents, it was a mob scene, kids were all over, parents were pushing little wagons full of beer and drinking, getting a bit buzzed on the walk.  I was impressed and vowed we would be back every year after that, but we didn’t come back.  The following year something else happened, and the year after that and now she’s 25 and in law school and I am in Bethlehem listening to the rain pelting the windows, lightning and thunder…oh to fall asleep in the rain…in autumn…

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...