Saturday, October 12, 2019

Getting ready for the Suffolk County Half


October 12, 2019 17:59

Earlier I ran 10.18 miles.  I will sign up for the Suffolk County Half.  That was my goal, if I can run 10 without any serious pain, I can run 13.1. My hamstrings were tightening up around mile 7, but I pushed on, maybe I had to drink more?  I ran most of the 10.18 without a shirt on.  Through the trails which were shaded and cool, but threw my long sleeve back on just before hitting the streets again.  I didn’t want my 54-year-old body to be a distraction to the old ladies driving past me.  I can hear their calls, “What the?  Put a shirt on you pale bastard!”  I need to get my ass in motion and make some dinner.  Meli was out last night so we have not talked as much today.  Saturdays can be our bonding day, but each day has its own bond.  I want her to recover from the late night and watch her TV.  Later we will catch up.  It’s quiet in the house.  I am debating if I should go out and get a beer in town.  There’s an old punk bar on the South side.  Make it two beers bartender, I ran over 10 miles today and I could use the liquid refreshment. 

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...