Monday, October 21, 2019

My visit to the Social Security Office on Main Street


10/21/19 22:35 Bethlehem, PA

Today, I spent more than an hour in the social security office.  There were three rows.  The waiting room was very warm.  A girl with a heavy coat sat between her mother and father and appeared sick.  A younger child was hacking a deep bronchial cough, her mother kept her away from a new born who sat next to them.  I don’t want you to make the baby sick.  Do you want me to pinch you?  I said no.  Time slowly drained out from all of us.  I needed a replacement social security card since I need to obtain a Pennsylvania driver’s license.  I will give up the Empire State, hologram, the same picture from fourteen years ago when I was holding Bella and pissed off for waiting for so long.  Smile, no.  Gone.  Follow my progress on this adventure.

Heading to Mexico on November 21 since Meli celebrating her birthday on the 22nd.  We are making plans to spend a couple of days in a picturesque part of Mexico.  I bought the ticket, Jet Blue and look forward to seeing her again.  It will be a short trip, flying back on Sunday and will be at work on that Monday. 

Went to a meditation class, just around the corner at Moravian Theological.  The class was led by Francis who is soft spoken young man, and could put a hyperactive juvenile delinquent to sleep within minutes. I appreciated his message. Since Francis is a replacement, there were a few more empty seats.  Saw my friend who I shared a few classes with, shit what’s her name, Candice?
I may drive to Long Island on Thursday night, and see a jazz concert in Patchogue on Friday; Chick Corea, Christian McBride, and my favorite drummer of all time, Brian Blade.  It’s one show I would like to see.   There is always one show I would like to see.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...