Saturday, November 2, 2019

Once; I was invited the ritualistic honor to provide the Thanksgiving prayer, not again


11/2/19 22:42 Bethlehem, PA

It’s official, I have a Pennsylvania driver’s license and I am registered to vote.  I was welcomed to the state although I moved here months ago.  I paid extra for the Real ID which means eventually I will not need to bring my passport when flying domestically.  This will be a requirement starting in 2020, but like Brexit, I would assume this may be pushed back if ever enacted.  Anyway, Meli and I were planning the next trip to Mexico City. It will be a short trip, and I’m thinking it makes sense to stay on the island when I return since Thursday is Thanksgiving and we are off on Friday.  I hope the kids will join us at Eileen’s, she has hosted the meal for years.  The first time I spent Thanksgiving there I insisted in reciting a beautiful prayer which, yes it went on too long and I should have summarized it, but it made an impression.  It made such an impression I am asked not to handle the Thanksgiving prayers.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...