Monday, December 9, 2019

Forgiveness


12/9/19 23:25 Bethlehem, PA

I handed in my NY Plates today at DMV without any fanfare.  I waited for about ten minutes and my number was called, went up and handed over my old plates.  I had them for over twenty years or close to it.  I was given a receipt and that was it. I walked out to my car with Pennsylvania plates and drove away.  Driving back to Bethlehem in the rain.  It was one of those days, rained all day.  There were some breaks and I noticed the brave joggers out in 50 plus degrees in shorts and t-shirts.  At DMV I noticed a woman in her pajama pants and slippers.  Her mother was bundled in a winter cap and thick jacket; unaware how mild it is.  But I digress, thank you for reading on.  Tonight, on the drive back, Meli and I were discussing the wedding, more than 50 guests will attend and a dessert corner with 80 different pastries.  And I slipped and said Ali.  It was a slip and I tried to cover it up.  There was a pause and Meli said, honey, you said Ali.  No, I tried to deny it, I saw a boat and can’t believe they are hauling this thing in December, can you?  No, I didn’t say Ali, but I had to admit I did.  Honesty. I apologized.  Meli was alright and let it go very quickly.  I was still apologizing for it, but she forgot.  Me?  I would have held it up to the light of inquisition, why did you say his name?  Are you thinking of him?  Wish you were marrying him?  But as I said Meli let it go.  Another valuable lesson. 

Thank you for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...