Monday, June 22, 2020

A New Home


6/22/20 21:19 N New St. Bethlehem

Last week, I made an offer on a house and it was accepted.  It is exciting.  For years I thought I would never own another home.  It’s a long story and if you’re really curious, please let me know.  I will be closing on July 17th, which is almost three years to the day when Ali and I split.  It’s amazing to think it has been three years. Three years later, I am married to the love of my life.  Moved into a new house in a new state and starting over.  As you know, Meli and I are working on the visa and I will provide updates; but for now it’s one of those entries.  The heat is stifling in the room and the only break is the tapping of the keys.  You ask, where is your house?  It is in Bethlehem, it is a single and it has a yard.  It is on a dead end street, so to speak.  It has a driveway and a garage and basement and three bedrooms, so the kids can come up and visit.  There is work to do, like pulling up the carpet, throwing out some furniture, painting, floor finishing and tackling the outside.  Looking forward to the project and thinking about what needs to get done.  One room at a time.  Start in the living room.  Order a new mattress.  I will write down a list or maybe not since a list may be too much for me.  I need structure and I like projects.  I need to buy a lawn mower.  I will buy a lawn mower.  Tomorrow an inspector is heading over at 4 PM and it will take two hours for the inspection.  I think it will be less time.  Like I said, it is hot.   I just finished a beer in seconds and I may have another.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...