Sunday, May 22, 2011

Henry Rollins - Bang - a review


I wanted something quick to read so last night I began Henry Rollins Bang. Like I said I said it was a quick read, and most can finish it within a couple of hours. This morning I sat in the kitchen and wrapped it up. The last part of the book has what I would describe as haiku's. 1,000 little hits which were roughly a couple of lines, and perhaps five words…would I recommend it? There were a couple of strong hits, and the opening Knife Street was a slow violent ride. For Rollins fans, who might have read some of his earlier books, you can skip this. General themes, rape, murder, and misogynist angst.

On a side note, I saw a "documentary" on Black Flag's last tour. Generally it's a behind the scenes look at the minds of young men. No real insight. I couldn't tell if there was any animosity between the members of Black Flag. The most unsettling scene was when Joe Cole is laying in front of a headstone with Cole on it. He's actually talking about being dead, and gets up and runs after the camera like a zombie.
http://vimeo.com/23499919

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...