Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Sort of Reunion in the Grocery Store Parking Lot


10/15/19 22:52 Valley Forge, PA

Listen to this.  The last couple of days when I have been driving around Bethlehem, I noticed a number of New York license plates.  Yes, we are close to New York, and yes there are a lot of carpet baggers like myself who made the move up here.  I mentioned the amount of NY cars to Meli on Sunday while I was driving and yesterday, I pulled into a spot at the super market and there is front of my car, yes it’s still registered in NY; is another NY license plate, I took a picture and sent it to Meli, is there something in the air?  Is this a conspiracy?  This afternoon I drove back down to the same supermarket and parked next to a car, also with NY license plates.  I was going to take a picture, but did not.   I went into the store and came out.  The man who was parked next to me was getting into his car.
“You’re from New York?” I asked.
“Yeah, you?”
“Yeah, what part are you from?”
“Long Island.”
“Me too.”
“Really?  What town are you from?”
“I grew up in Northport.”
“Really?”  He said.  “I grew up in East Northport.”
“That’s where my parents live, off Vernon Valley, Bellecrest Avenue,” I said.
“I grew up on Bellecrest. 63.”
“Really? What’s your last name?”
“Petersdorf.”
“Fred?”
“He’s my younger brother.  I’m Billy.”
It turns out the mom moved up here years ago and Freddy lives with his mom.  Billy was too cool for the kids and looked a little wild, that’s how I remembered him.  Later, my brother called.  I have not spoken to Dave in over a year.  I asked if I was dying, I could not believe what happened today.  Dave and I talked for close to an hour, the same with Billy and I, we also spoke for close to an hour …small world.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...