Friday, November 8, 2019

Miles Davis, Miles Davis Quartet


11/8/19 23:20 East Northport, NY

Listening to Miles Davis on Spotify, Miles Smiles.  I am amazed I can listen to the whole album and compared to the way I searched for music, on YouTube, this is more efficient.  I enjoy listening to jazz when I write or drive.  The words are bouncing to the rhythm and I can download this album?  Are you kidding me? I came upstairs to the bedroom I had when I was a kid, the same one I have written about so many times.  I sleep well in this room.  It holds some memories which I don’t dwell on.  Alright, Footprints is playing, one of my favorites of all time.  Wayne Shorter wrote this song, and both Miles and Wayne play together till Miles takes the lead.  Is that Herbie Hancock on piano?  I drove back from Bethlehem and was able to hear most of an NPR story about a family of illegals.  The mother and her brother have been in the US for over twenty years and have not learned English.  That doesn’t disturb me as much as the reporter interviewing her uncle.  The man works 6 days a week, for less than the minimum age and has not had a vacation for more than twenty years.  This the new servitude.

Thank you for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...