Monday, November 11, 2019

Tonight, Roy Haynes at the Blue Note


11/11/19 15:42 East Northport, NY

What a beautiful day, and yet I was working inside, working remote. I’ll finish packing and load the car and head out of here soon.  I am seeing Roy Haynes at the Blue Note in NYC.  I have not seen a show there in a few years.  Maybe the last time was Ravi Coltrane?  It was the first time I saw him perform. Tonight is Haynes and it’s something special, seeing the famous drumming legend.  Haynes, who is 94 years old played with most of the greats from Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, T Monk, and many others.  I’ve wanted to see Roy for the last few years, and yet the timing was not right, but tonight I am heading in and will share more details about the gig for your eyes tomorrow. 

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...