Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Dreams of Robert Johnson


12/11/19 21:57 Bethlehem, PA

Listening to Robert Johnson blues since I may be hosting a show on WDIY and I need to become familiar with the music.  His voice is like a dream from the past, a link to the dust bowls and crying in pain.  There must be a book about the man who supposedly sold his soul to the devil.  King Hearted Woman.  I was on a tear today.  At the station for an interview, back here for a few minutes, went to get a haircut at Tim’s down the road and up to the mechanic for an inspection.  I need to get the passenger light fixture replaced, the whole thing, since it is cracked and only then will I get the official sticker, and I will be free to drive around the state without a fear of prosecution.  After that, up to the supermarket to buy some food, but first some Christmas shopping at Marshalls and after, food, home.  Cooked dinner and I am back at the keys getting down the thoughts.  I checked if my black suit fits and it does.  The white shirt is ready, but I may go out for a new black belt and shoes.  I don’t want to wear anything at our wedding that I’d feel embarrassed about.  And we discussed our vacation together in Costa Rica and it is just that, an easy vacation without any concrete plans.  This is interesting since it’s a stark difference from our vacation in Ireland or even the recent weekend we had together in Mexico.  Just as well.  They’re Red Hot, by Robert Johnson and this is something I can get into it. There’s a story of a record producer trying to find Johnson, only to discover he died the year before.  Dreams of Robert Johnson.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...