Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of the year - 2008


So what are some of the books I read this year? Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer, Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman - Blaze, Barack Obama, Dreams of My Father, Walter Mosley - one of the Easy Rollins novels, Franciso Goldman's The Art of Political Murder - who killed The Bishop? Was one of the most intense books I read in a long time. I was able to think back to Guatemala and spending a couple of days in Guatemala City. Memories of the Cathedrial where the bishop was killed and the cover up and obvious evil that persisited and some say the killings are occuring again. But I don't want to address that now. It's a subject for another blog. Books? Some Harvey Mackay books - there are times when I need some inspirational works. Today I picked up a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale at the library. I tried to read The Audacity of Hope, by Obama, but it did not have the same appeal as his first book. The latest was somewhat insghtful, but the writing was stifled. So, what else? I wrote some poems and tonight will look into some markets, and will write more of the Sci Fi novel. Man, I like this one. Yesterday I received a favorable response from a publisher for Killer Commute:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your submission. We have been on a holiday break. :) I am forwarding this to Damien Roth. He will respond within 6-8 weeks.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Marci Baun

--
Marci Baun
Publisher
Wild Child Publishing -- http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/
Break free...read wild!
Freya's Bower -- http://www.freyasbower.com/
Weaving passion into words

It's all in God's hands.

It's close to 7 PM and yet it feels later. The winter has that effect, but today I noticed the sun was still up - even if it was close to 5 PM.




No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...