Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Long Piss


10/17/19 22:52 Bethlehem, PA

After two long days at a trade show I am back at the house and can settle down.  Settle down long enough to write a summary on the show and the leads we received.  There are faces I see once a year at these shows.  Sometimes there is a new face and name and we get to know them for a couple of days and we move on in our lives, work and family, hobbies, back into the motion of our lives.  I don’t get too involved in other’s business – I mean their lives.  We are there for business.  This is the extent, how’s the family?  All good, and we move on to whatever thought was erupting in our ego.  Let it go.  Then there are some I feel sorry for, the one who has suffered through an addiction, divorced like myself, fired from jobs, arrested, but they are grateful for their health and the opportunity to make some real money.  And I realize that my job can be a passing.  But isn’t life a series of passings, events, shows, cycles and as long as I live a life of integrity, I can go to sleep each night knowing I did the best I could. 
Tonight, was the first night I drove back to my place after a trade show.  In the past I would drive back to Long Island.  An hour or so later I am pulling up next to the house and unloading my things.  That is all.  I am back and the routine of my life begins with a long piss. 

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...