Sunday, November 17, 2019

A poem created while jogging through the woods


11/17/19 21:36 East Northport, NY

Exposing layers to her
Absorbing her light, casting out the darkness
Trusting her, knowing I can trust anyone for the first time, and not conjure a fictitious crime - when silence corrodes peace
She is my best friend and soon will be my wife
We share our compassionate hearts that have never felt this strange emotion,
this love
It is eternal and such bliss

I went running earlier, through the VA, but went further in and saw a white tail hopping and hiding behind some hedges.  There was a couple, older than me and we said hello to one another.  Meli and I will be like that, bundled up and taking a walk in the woods, finding the joy in nature although it is getting colder.  I ran in shorts.  Mom and Dad had the heat blasting in the house.  Mom wore a rope over her clothes for the rest of the day.

Amanda is off to France tonight. I sent her a text earlier, but she did not respond.  It is her choice.  I can’t control her feelings and yet I hope she does not revert back to not talking to me.  I will never say to her, don’t talk to me, I need space since I would not want her to say it to me.  Fact or fiction?  She is off to France, that is a fact.

Thank you for reading this

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...