Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Keep your sweaty neck covered in November


11/19/19 21:29 Bethlehem, PA

I picked up our wedding rings today.  They were sent from Ireland last Friday and FedEx attempted delivery yesterday.  White gold with the Book of Kells designs inlaid.  They are beautiful and seeing them brought back the day when Meli and I were in Dingle, Ireland and I sought out a particular world renowned jeweler.  It’s another step in our plans.  Tomorrow, I finish packing since I am flying back to Mexico on Thursday.  I can’t wait to hold my love.  It’s a fast trip, flying back on Sunday.  Instead of driving back here, I will stay on Long Island for the Thanksgiving break.  Earlier, went running and once again in the dark.  I ran down to the Steel Stacks that were lit up in ominous blue.  There is an event going on, in what looks like a catered tent, and maybe it is for Christmas?  I’ll find out and let you know.  Sweat was pouring off me and I huffed under the white Christmas lights which hung across the street.  And I continued to run and huff and felt alone as a train pulled in. A few cars passed and I ran in the crisp autumn air, thinking about what Shea said about keeping my neck covered, but it was not.  It was cold and wet from perspiration.  Running in the early night before a hot shower and dinner and meditation, is a gentle way to settle in.

Thank you for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...