Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Random Ramblings


11/6/19 22:05 Bethlehem, PA

I spoke to Joey earlier while I was in the office.  He looked happy, healthy and I thought we would have another FaceTime tonight.  This was a night when I read.  Currently reading End of Watch by Stephen King, which is Part II in the Mr. Mercedes trilogy.  Love his pace and the compact hits, like rib shots from a boxer who is close enough to swing all of his weight into me.  Anyway, it’s quiet here.  There is a large dog barking at something in the night.  Some traffic.  One of the neighbors across the street is fighting again and he’s yelling. This is different, since these outbursts do not occur during the week.  He has his standards, so something must have wrecked him.  I submitted my most recently completed novel to a publisher.  I sent a sample to a local agent and there it is, not giving up on the dream.  On my lunch break, I walked around the neighborhood and listened to a podcast on The Clash, it was Chuck D from Public Enemy.  I sent a link to Dave since I know he will enjoy it.  There were some excellent clips from Strummer yelling at the US Festival, cursing at the last gig as The Clash and his attempts to reform the group, especially as Mick Jones formed BAD.  I didn’t know he played on their first album.  And weeks before Strummer died, the duo were on a stage for a benefit concert by chance.  Their last song, London’s Burning, which was the first song they wrote. 

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...