Wednesday, November 13, 2019

WTF Mark Maron


11/13/19 22:13 Bethlehem, PA

Listening to the WTF podcast with the guest Tony something who was on the shows Arrested Development and Veep, not sure who the actor is.  It was a brutally honest interview.  It was enlightening. Both men openly discussed their addictions, anxiety, low self-esteem, people pleasing, and co-dependency.  I deal with these emotions daily.  Who doesn’t?  When I am dealing with them, I can let my mind run away in these projected – self harmful - scenarios.  Mark said something which struck, how often do I think of other people? All of the time.  For most of us, we deal with this constant battle.  Imposing scenes that we create.  We create.  I create.  Meli and I have used this useful tool, is this fact of fiction?  My anxiety, my low self-esteem constantly creates false scenes.  False projections.  Years ago this thinking was so bad, I was convinced I would get fired when I went into work the next morning.  Sunday nights were the worst. I assumed Monday morning I was getting fired.  I wrote about this in previous blogs.  Until my therapist labelled my thinking as, obsessing, did I stop.  How?  Meditation was the answer.  Focus on the breath, when a thought came up, instead of latching onto the thought, I can breathe it in and breathe it out.  Going back to the podcast, I have not heard this honesty outside of the rooms as some refer to it.  The recovery rooms.  Where souls are bare and we listen, not out of shock or a false sense of empowerment, over another’s pain. It’s to learn what worked or what didn’t.  I would love to adopt the attitude, it’s sort of a  “who gives a fuck.”  WTF is a great name for a show, but Maron is a monster in his own mind.  In my humble opinion he is just like the rest of us, wrestling with different ideals, not being authentic enough, and guessing what the fuck is going on.  Never knowing what the truth is, since he may be seeking this outside of himself.  There is darkness at either end of this journey.  We can either learn to accept this and treat ourselves with love and understanding or we lose sight of the person we are developing and caring for. 

Thank you for reading this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...