Tuesday, December 3, 2019

A Poem for Christmas in Bethlehem, PA


12/3/19 21:41 Bethlehem, PA

I’m am here, reading King and dozing off to dreamland.  Received some good news earlier which I shared with Meli and our friends.  I put my wedding suit together and will need to confirm I have a white shirt that is not stained.  I have a tie and I may buy new black shoes so I can look my best.  I will work on my novel in a little while.  Just wanted to get some thoughts down and this poem.  This is a first take, I hope you enjoy it.

This house
There are no Christmas lights at this Bethlehem house
Darkness looms, constant shade
Two men, have settled into their respective rooms
Traffic is a wave, settling on the winter street
Train in the distance and I imagine the icy hands gripping on for life, castaways in the night
She moves through the store in another country, buying a dress for her last Christmas party in Mexico
Later, we will say prayers together, kiss the air, and I will think of her smile as I drift off

Thank you for reading this

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...