Thursday, December 5, 2019

Goals


12/5/19 21:49 Bethlehem, PA

I have been sitting on this sofa for hours and I am ready for bed.  It has been a long day.  Meli was not completed with her project until after 1 AM.  I was impressed with her commitment and passion for her work.  There is a good chance I would have said fuck it by 8 PM and stormed out of the office.  Not Meli, she was focused and determined to provide the best work possible. I was up at 6.  Been up since 6, but I was motivated today to accomplish many of my goals.  My car now has a PA license plate.  It’s really official.   I am a PA resident although I am not going to root for the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers.  Maybe the Sixers.  I've been frustrated with The Knicks for a long time.  New license plates, I have had the same NY plates since 2000.  I have to hand them back in when I get back to Long Island, will need to locate a DMV that is open on Saturday.  Be gone old plates.  They served me well.  I had them on an 2000 Elantra, 2006 Charger and lately my 2011 Jetta, I can’t think of any other cars that I owned in the last 20 years.  Once I have a car, I take care of it and it lasts.  I take it for regular oil changes, buy new tires and keep the interior and exterior clean.  Having these plates is really making the break.  The final break will come when I buy a house up here or just here.  Not sure if I am North.  The good news is that the car insurance is less in Pennsylvania compared to NY. It’s almost 22:00 and I can feel the pull of sleep.  Next is a few minutes writing the new novel.  Received a positive rejection tonight.  At least I am banging the words out for you and we can share a few minutes together before another encounter in this space.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...