Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Grateful for this moment


1/7/20 21:27 Bethlehem, PA

This was one of those days when the work in the office was piled on, when each second counted and there were demands and tasks that needed to be addressed.  It was a reminder that the holiday season was far away and the reality of the day was settling in.  It’s not too late and yet I want to call it a night since tomorrow is going to be another round, but here is the thing, I will not change it.  I love to be busy since it keeps me focused and I am hungry for more of it.  I went for a run earlier.  I didn’t want to.  After work I had to go grocery shopping and I am grateful I have money to buy the food I want, which is primarily vegetarian.  I am grateful for Meli.  I am grateful for the program which is keeping my sober.  I am grateful for my health.  I am grateful for my children and know they are healthy and we will talk again when the time is right, let go and let God.  I am grateful for my parents who are still alive.  I am grateful for my friends.  I am grateful for my cousins.  I am grateful for my sisters who called me while I was in Costa Rica to wish Meli a happy wedding and a long marriage. I am grateful for my brother for his sense of humor and strength.  I am grateful to God for this night.  To run in the snow wearing shorts and feeling as if I have gained some weight which I did, let’s face it, I was on vacation.  I am grateful for the roof over my head and I am very grateful for this present moment since it is a gift we are sharing together as my words seep in and I wish you can be grateful as well.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...