Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Spousal Visa


1/8/20 22:33 Bethlehem, PA

Last night Meli and I read over my recent blogs.  She wrote a warm passage on how much I mean to her and I hope I can share this in the blog.  She posted it on Instagram.  It described how we started, how her life has changed and her outlook on life and what a positive impact I have been.  When I met Meli on the meditation app, I was cautious to a point, I was attracted to her and was curious who she was.  We started communicating via the app.  I would use Google translate, and write what I wanted to say in English, translate and retype it into the app, not realizing I could copy and paste.  That was the first week.  I really wanted to talk to her, especially after she said she spoke English.  But her family was visiting from Costa Rica.  Her messages were sweet, a happy young woman who laughed easily and to this day, that is what I love about her.  Meli’s contagious laugh, her sense of humor and her strength.  We have been through a lot before we met each other.  We both feel we are taking the hard lessons from our past and learning from them.  Both of us were not faithful in previous relationships, stayed in relationships too long, since we were not strong enough to make the necessary and healthier changes.  It’s not easy being in a long distance relationship and it takes a different kind of commitment.  In the past that sort of responsibility would evade me.  But this is different.  She lives in Mexico, I live here in Pennsylvania and we have been married for less than three weeks.  After reading what she wrote, I wanted to share a few things tonight about how much it means to have someone in my life who loves me unconditionally. When we first became serious, I told her, God brought our hearts to be together.  This was my statement.  I would read The Little Prince, and this is significant.  When we met with the attorney the week before the wedding, she said she will like to use some passages from the Little Prince, not knowing the significance.  I would read The Little Prince to Meli on most nights and when the page had a 7 in it, it was even more special.  What is essential is invisible to the eye.  And that is the way our relationship has grown and evolved.  If anyone would question how can a man who is 54 share a meaningful relationship with a woman who is 31, who lives in another country, whose first language is Spanish, who was born in Costa Rica, well there may be some skeptics.  She just wants to come into the country and will run off at the first available chance.  She won’t.  This is for keeps and forever.  Meli and I have been in relationships, but nothing was like this for either of us, and I wish I recited more at our wedding.  The words tumbled out.  I meant what I said.  I remember the last was the quote from the Little Prince, but I could have added, there is Neruda and the song, God gave me you.  The other songs, Lovely Day or You Make Me So, Very Happy…it’s not always sunshine and the distance is tough especially when we don’t get a chance to talk on some days for too long, but this too shall pass.  I would like to laugh with her.  I would like to hear her voice.  I would like her to sing something, especially before I go to sleep.  I’ll keep you up to date.  This year is going to be filled with anxiety and stress as we proceed with the spousal visa.  Putting it all in God’s hands.  Have a goodnight.

Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Calling

  January 28, 2024 Flying to London tonight for our sales meeting.   First time traveling out of the country for the job.   First time in ...